Saturday 30 May 2009

Filly power

I promised Susan a post about Rachel Alexandra, who won the Kentucky Oaks by 20 1/4 lengths, and was the first filly to win the Preakness Stakes since 1924, if she won the Belmont Stakes too. Well now, although Susan let me know that Rachel Alexandra won't run at Belmont Park at all, I thought I'd do a post about the filly's amazing performance in the Kentucky Oaks and the Preakness anyway. Here she is, winning the Oaks in a fashion that almost reminds of the Belmont Stakes 1973:



The European in me likes both the journalist's pink and the stable pony's rider's classic English get-up in a western saddle... - No offence intended. Just having a little fun here ;)

Well, and here she beats the boys, the Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird included, in the Preakness:



That's filly power!

1 comment:

susan said...

fillies rule. boy horses drool.

thank you Marian.